KidRated’s Courtauld Gallery Top Tips:
- Don’t miss the Van Gogh self-portrait of his bandaged ear.
- Book tickets for ice skating in the winter
- Sit outside at the café enjoy the beautiful surroundings
When you visit The Courtauld Gallery, you will come face to face with world-famous art that stretches from the early Renaissance to the 20th century. The gallery is a great place to take the family as it is fun, educational and kids go free. Your family will learn more about the Impressionist and Post-Impressionist paintings that are part of The Courtauld Gallery’s wide collection of artwork.
The Courtauld Gallery also holds a breathtaking collection of drawings and prints along with sculptures and decorative arts. And since the gallery is situated within Somerset House, your family can enjoy the beautiful surroundings and architecture as well as the artwork. This is a great gallery to visit during the winter months as Somerset House also has a temporary outdoor ice skating rink.
To find out about other galleries in the area, check out our reviews of the National Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery.
- Check the website to see if anything exciting is on
- Some exhibitions may be more suitable for kids
Parent P.O.V. by Laura Porter
- There are free lockers for day packs.
- No buggy storage but pushchairs are allowed throughout.
- Photography without flash is permitted so, yeah, let the kids take selfies.
- Quite an adult environment but the kids should recognise some of the famous artworks.
You can find loads more information by Laura Porter at aboutlondonlaura.com